Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy Birthday...inspired!

I love magazines and catalogs and often I get inspired by a layout, colors or textures that I see in those. This page from the latest catalog from AWE AT WEST END was no exception.
I love all those vases in different colors of yellow, green, teal and gray. They were my starting point for the colors for this card
So EASY - less than 5 minutes to put together after I had chosen my Designer Series Papers. The paper packs are from left: Patio Party (126916), Twitterpatted (125406), Summer Smooches (125409, Birds of a Feather (126899) and Summer Smooches - all cut to 3/4" wide. They are mounted to a piece of Basic Gray card stock and wrapped with a piece of the Island Indigo Bakers Twine (125575). The card base is Island Indigo as well. The Happy Birthday sentiment is from the You're Amazing stamp set (126722) colored directly on the stamp with Lucky Limeade and Island Indigo Many Marvelous Markers omitting the flourishes and stamped on Whisper White card stock matted on Basic Gray card stock. Dimensionals are used for a 3D effect and it is all topped off with two Summer Starfruit In Color Dahlias (127556). 

I loved how fast this came together and I can definitely see myself doing the same exact layout in different color combos. Next time YOU get a magazine or catalog in the mail...pause a moment to look at colors and layout that inspire you and apply them to your next card creation.

Please take a moment to comment on my post - I would love to hear what you think.. also don't forget to subscribe to my blog to get the latest post directly in your inbox.

1 comment: