Tuesday, September 4, 2012

For the Birds....Birthday!

A friend of mine is having a birthday soon and I wanted to make something special for her using her favorite color tones ...Regals. I make a lot of cards on a weekly basis but have to admit I seldom make a card with a special person in mind...I have decided that from now on I will have to change that...because won't YOU just love to get a card in the mail that you know that had been made especially for you? I know I would!

Now if any one of you know me well you would know that I don't really use Regals a lot and as you can see from this project I had to change it anyway.. I ended up using a combination of the two In Color families; Raspberry Ripple, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo with a hint of Naturals Ivory - but all of them have warm tones to them like the Regals but still are a bit Bright which is more me!
I stamped the birds from For the Birds stamp set in StazOn Black. I used the Blender Pens together with Island Indigo, Raspberry Ripple, Lucky Limeade and More Mustard Classic Inks. The polka dotted Designer Series Paper is from the 2012-2014 Designer Series Paper Stack which has all the 2012-2012 In Colors. The Raspberry Ripple card stock is embossed with the NEW Woodgrain Embossing Folder and Big Shot. My embellishments are a piece of Lucky Limeade 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon together with a snippet of left over 5/8" Victoria Crochet Trim with a Naturals Designer Button adhered with Glue Dots. For a 3D effect I popped up the birds using Dimensionals. This card has so many layers and textures ...so so pretty in real life I don't think the photo do it justice!

Today's Tip! Save all your snippets of ribbon! My leftover ribbon is organized by style and color with little clips hanging from a dowel for easy inspiration and access. Sometimes you don't need much so those left over pieces from previous projects come in handy and save you money too!

If you like to SAVE just like me, then don't forget about September's Special where you can get FREE ribbon with every $40 you spend - more details HERE

I hope you have enjoyed today project! I would love to hear what you think so please leave a comment. If this is the first time you are visiting my blog - Thank You! - if you like what you see please consider subscribing so you get all the newest updates directly in your inbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment