Thursday, August 30, 2012

Wonderfall Stepped Up!

I am so ready for Fall but this 90 degree weather doesn't seem to be going nowhere for a while, but that didn't stop me from inking up the new Wonderfall stamp set (128087) from the Holiday Catalog. I was inspired by the colors of the new Designer Series Paper Orchard Harvest and even though I don't have that paper ...yet... I thought I would try to create my own using Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Island Indigo, More Mustard, Lucky Limeade and Raspberry Ripple Classic ink.
I was going for simple here. All the leaves are stamped random on Naturals Ivory card stock (101849) on a Lucky Limeade card stock base (122926). The Island Indigo leaf is first cut out with the new Autumn Accents Bigz Die (127812) from the Holiday Catalog and the Big Shot, then stamped. Add a bow of Linen Thread (104199) adhered with a Glue Dot and popped up with a Dimensional for some dimension. The For You sentiment is from the Itty Bitty Banner stamp set (126257).

Now the finished result is ok however I was looking for something that was easily mass produced and this clearly wasn't that card - since I had to stamp it 10 times just for the background, also I was not happy with the ink coverage of the stamps. So I decided I was going to make the card in a full blown version just the way I normally would instead of trying to do simple...guess that is not my thing, ha!

Before I did any stamping I made sure to reink all my ink pads. I guess the transition has been kind of hard on them being in such a dry State before or maybe it is because I really haven't used many of these colors since last Fall...I don't know for sure...but they were definitely dry. I encourage you to check out your ink pads...it might be time to reink...if you don't have the reinkers for your pads you can buy them in my online store for a mere $2.95 each, so affordable. Now look what a difference that made....

Here is the stepped up version. The background with the crisp image has gotten a mat of Cajun Craze card stock. I also used the new Core'dinations Card Stock in Early Espresso (127848) from the Holiday Catalog - it is also available in Cherry Cobbler (127816) and Gumball Green (127847). I embossed it with the new Woodgrain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (127821) then lightly sanded it with new Stampin' Sanding System (129367) followed with the Core'dination Dust Buddy (129366) to remove all the little pieces of dust and fuzz. I absolutely love how it makes the wood grain design stand out. I cut out and stamp my leaves then crumbled them up for a more realistic look. They are adhered with a Glue Dot. A big Naturals Designer Button (127554) finish off the leaves. The For You sentiment is this time stamped on a separate piece of card stock then cut out using the Bitty Banner Framelits die (129267) and the Big Shot and popped up with a Dimensional.

Look at how much more dimension this card has now
I love how it turned out...not sure I will be able to part with it before I made a copy of it..he-he! I hope you enjoyed today's projects. Just shows you how you can take any card and Step It Up to make it uniquely yours.

1 comment:

  1. I love the stepped up card! The woodgrain texture with the new cardstock is perfect! Thanks for the reminder to reink. It definitely makes a difference!

    ReplyDelete