Friday, August 31, 2012

Ghoulish Ghouls Sketch Challenge

I decide to play along for my first ever sketch challenge. Every Wednesday a new sketch is available at Freshly Made Sketches I encourage you to try it out sometime...lots of fun but also a challenge...
Here is what I came up with... it wasn't at easy as I thought it was going to be. I guess I am use to being able to move the elements on the card around more freely, so I had a bit of a hard time with this one...
The cute little mummy is from the new Ghoulish Ghouls Stamp set (128063) from the Holiday Catalog. He is stamped on Very Vanilla card stock in StazOn Black ink (101406) and one of the new Googlies (127539) is added to his eye - LOVE those! He is matted in Tangerine Tango card stock.  It is a bit hard to tell on the picture but the Basic Black card stock is embossed with the Houndstooth Embossing Folder (123134) to mimic the pattern paper from the new Howlstooth & Scaringbone Designer Series Paper (126906) and then matted in More Mustard card stock. The sentiment is stamped using the Tangerine Tango Many Marvelous Marker since the Boo actually comes with two extra o's. It is punched out with 1" Circle Punch (119868) and matted with the 1 1/4" Circle Punch (119861) then backed with a piece of Basic Gray 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon (126879) adhered with a Glue Dot. Lots of Dimensionals were used to create layers on top of layers.

The finished result if just perfect to give to my youngest who loves Halloween but nothing too scary.....

If you love Halloween too, you should check out this offer HERE It has been extended till September 16th. When you sign up as a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator you will get a free Halloween Printer's Tray Project Kit for FREE, but only till the 16th, so don't delay!

3 comments:

  1. This is just wonderful! Such a cute card for your youngest (my children LOVE this stamp set)! Great use of the sketch and I'm so glad you joined us this week at FMS. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an adorable Halloween card! I love the mix of patterned and embossed paper. And the little mummy is so cute! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too stinkin' CUTE! Those googly eyes get me every time. :) Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

    ReplyDelete