Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Fall has Fallen!

I recently held a class dedicated just to Fall. We made 3 cards with a Fall theme and a fun gift pouch as well.

First card from the left uses the new Friendship Preserves together with the coordinating Window Frames Framelits and the Festive Paper Piercing Pack. You can get the Festive Paper Piercing Pack FREE this month - see HERE for more details.

Second card from the left uses the Perfectly Preserved stampset and coordination Framelits - don't you just love that you can save 15% when you buy both! I also used the coordinating Orchard Harvest Designer Series Paper. I have seen several cards where the jar has been stamped with Black Staz'on ink on the Windows Sheets for a fun "life like" glass effect and could wait to try it out. It is impossible to see in my picture but I created a basket weave effect on my Island Indigo strip by running it through the Stripes Embossing Folder by flipping the card stock over and lining up diagonal from one corner to the opposite.

Third card from the left is made using the French Foliage Stamp set with the Triple Time Technique. So much fun and so easy. Here are the dimensions for the layers in case you would like to try this out for yourself.
Very Vanilla Cardstock: 2" x 3 1/4", 3" x 4 1/4", 4" x 5 1/4"
Cajun Craze Cardstock: 2 1/4" x 3 1/2", 3 1/4" x 4 1/2", 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
You layer all the vanilla pieces on top of each other - maybe stick them together with a Glue Dots or adhesive from the Tape Runner so they stay in place while you stamp. You want to be able to take them apart again after you are done stamping so avoid any adhesive that is too sticky.

The pouch was inspired by one I saw on Dawn Olchefske blog and I loved it so much that I changed it very little - she also has an example of a Hot Cocoa pouch I can't wait to try -  see Here - however what I really want to change it in to is ...being in the Cornhusker state and all ..is a Popcorn pouch... I am planning on making those for my kids teachers. The Perfectly Preserved stamp set has a corncob and the Orchard Harvest Designer Series Paper has a pattern with them too...I will try to post pictures of those when I get them done. The ribbon used it is the new 7/8" Cotton Ribbon ...so soft ....and I stamped the apples from the Perfectly Preserved Stamp Set right on top...so much FUN ..love you can do that!


I hope you enjoyed today's projects. Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment